Question: If I wanted to create a campaign with contacts who are NOT in banner, would it be possible to manually upload email addresses?
Answer: There is no current automated process to upload email addresses, and have Contacts created automatically. Therefore, it is not possible to upload email addresses and send to them via campaign.
For every email mailer that a campaign sends, it adds a Target to that campaign, and that Target is created from the Contact object data. Therefore, in order for a campaign to send an email mailer out, it has to have a Contact in the system. with a valid email address, to create the Target from. The Contact email address doesn't have to be in BANNER, but the Contact does have to exist in Talisma.
If a users manually creates the Contacts in Talisma, by using File → New Contact for each new email address, targets can be added to a campaign based on those newly created contacts. The creation of those new contacts with those email addresses needs to be done manually, by the end user.
Question: Is there a way to copy an already built campaign and then edit it?
Answer: You can use an existing campaign as the foundation for a new campaign by following these instructions:
- open the campaign that you want to copy
- use the menu item "File --> Create Using..."
- check the "Workflow" or "Mailing Lists" checkbox
- select your Team
- the Base Object is fixed, you cannot change it. if you need a different Base Object, you will need to create the new campaign from scratch
- you will now have a new copy of the campaign, which will be titled "New Campaign"
- Save the campaign
- give the campaign a Name and Type
- click OK