Corresponding Policy: See ‘Non-Student Income Coming into Departments’ policy.
Corresponding Forms: Miscellaneous Deposit Form
Process: Depositing funds to Cashiers
To deposit funds to Cashiers, complete the Miscellaneous Deposit form by following the below instructions:
- The form is three-part. Complete the form electronically. Type information on the first form and it is duplicated on the second and third form. Handwritten forms cannot be accepted.
- Deposit Description: This is what will be displayed in Banner as the description. The maximum number of characters is 30. Please do not use periods or commas.
- PSU ID/Acct#: This is used for payment to be 1) applied against an individual’s PSU account, 2) applied to a department’s PSU account, a C90 account number, or 3) miscellaneous comments.
- Cash/Outd/Checks/Cards: Enter the type of funds being deposited. The total will calculate automatically.
- Visa/Mastercard # and Exp Date: PSU does not accept student payments by credit card except on-line with a convenience fee. Most PSU departments do not accept credit cards. This information section remains on the form for the rare occasion that a department accepts a credit card. Call Cashiers Office at 5-3670 for instructions and limitations on card payments.
- Preparer’s First and Last Name, Extension, Email, and Dept/Mail Code are required so that if we need to contact you, we can reach you.
- Date: Please complete date.
- PSU uses several methods to gather accounting information. Please choose one method as appropriate to your department:
- Detail code only
- Index and Account only
- Amount: Enter accounting distribution amount. Total Deposit Assigned accounting distribution will calculate Total Deposit.
- Must equal 0- Total of funds being deposited and Total Deposit (accounting distributions) must balance to each other. This is the automatic checking feature to ensure these figures agree.
- For more than three accounting distributions, please enter “see attached” in the detail code field and enter the total of the deposit in the amount field. Attach a spreadsheet of the accounting distribution.
Attach documentation. Make copies of checks and documentation prior to coming to the Cashiers window. Cashiers does not offer copying services. Please hand-deliver all deposits to the NH Lobby - Departmental Cashiers window during regular hours. Do not use inter-campus mail.
DEPOSITING TO CREDIT TO EXPENDITURE ACCOUNTS
The process for depositing funds with credit to expenditure account codes requires additional SFS Director’s office approvals; additional reports are also run to review these transactions. The extra review of these documents is due to them having opposite of normal expenditure transactions; this is a red flag for auditing. All expenditure account codes begin with accounts 1xxxx through 9xxxx.
Filling out the Miscellaneous Deposit Form:
- Complete Miscellaneous Deposit Form as usual.
- Must reference the original Banner document number.
- Must go back to the original index and account code.
- Description format example: Reimb I0527780 Fed Ex refund
- Must attach explaining documentation, for example, memo, letter, credit memo, email, etc.
Making the Physical Deposit:
- Make deposit as usual at the NH Lobby Departmental Services window.
- Do not deliver deposits directly to the Student Financial Services Directors office.
- You will receive a temporary receipt at the Departmental Services window.
- SFS has special back office procedures to obtain approvals.
- If there are any questions about the deposit, you will receive an email.
- Once the deposit has been approved and posted to Banner you will be notified by email.